How to Play Guitar: 5 Quick Online Tips on Learning the Basics, and Attitude
Learning how to play guitar is not as difficult as it seems. There are thousands of guitarists out there today who have learned to play guitar by trial and error, or hiring a guitar instructor.
The truth still remains that guitars are by far one of the most musical instruments the world. The popularity of this musical device is continually witnessed by the ever increasing use of the instrument in pop music, and the global popularity of hit game Guitar Hero. It therefore shouldn’t be too surprising if you have noticed an emergence of thousands of websites, all dedicated to the cause in teaching people how they should approach the great guitar.
So what exactly do you require in order to learn how to play the guitar easily?
You must have “it factor”, (which can mean numerous things?) Studies have shown that with enough consistent practice, even an artistically inexperienced person can master the art of the strings over time. The point is: you simply need dedication, and lots of it.
Learning how to play the guitar requires time, effort, focus, and energy. People have learned over duration to play tabs using the wrong finger placements, and have then had to unfortunately start over, resulting in months or even years of additional time.
Here are some basic tips that can help learn how to play the guitar:
1. Find a main inspiration, and watch how that musician plays the guitar:
Creating and having a role model can be one of the fastest ways to adopt into becoming the best. Try to understand how this person approaches making music with their guitar, what are the finger placements, how do they hold the guitar pick. Even read up on the biography or life story of the guitarist, and try to find how long they have played. It is the little bits of information that subconsciously count.
2. Search for mentors online: The internet usually holds the answer to almost everything today. Whether it is an information query or a straight forward product purchase, the Google search engine is slowly becoming a key global source of interaction. Searching for terms like “how to play guitar, will result in pages of hundreds of websites that are focused on teaching people how to play guitar, over various formats. Audio and video are steadily becoming extremely popular. As a guide you could build references as start small with readable content, and then definitely slowly progress to video tutorials.
3. Keep a scheduled and consistent sequence of learning: This is very important. Always remember that when you start playing the guitar, you should:
- First learn finger placements,
- Then basic chords,
- Then strumming style
- And then proceed with advanced chords and tabs.
Acquiring a guitar is relatively easy, now you can shop online and order from an online retailer. Guitars are readily available, they’re so popular that eBay in Australia even released a Guitar Buying Guide
4. Use Social Media sites to learn guitar: Interactive websites can host content that is highly engaging, and can be lots of fun to participate in. Try searching for guitar lessons on a site like YouTube, and you’ll find loads of free content. This approach can be less costly than spending a sum of money to a guitar teacher for basic lessons.
5. Play Guitar Hero. This is a bit of a wild card but honestly, if you are a basic beginner the game has been heralded to improve eye and hand coordination, and even rhythm if need be. The game is not known to teach how to technically play the actual guitar but it will help to learn how to play the guitar more smoothly, and with fun.
Above all, give yourself time to learn. Learning how to play guitar is not a race, it is a marathon of many facets.
Focus on creating your music, progress steadily, and you will win an assortment of musical pleasures that are beyond mere words.
TAKE ACTION NOW! Get your hands on this ULTIMATE guitar learning package below. Order during the promotion and get 10 additional song lessons with your SongPond Starter Pack.