Fashion Tips – Petite Clothing
There is good news for the petite because there are more and more fashion designers that appeal to this exact shape and size. There is also a great deal of information available on the web regarding fashion tips. Specifically petite clothing is a great buy because this size is usually always available.
Another big mistake that petites make is that they may think that petite means “small” but petite refers more to the shape of your body not necessarily the size or weight that you are. This why there is usually a specific area in a department store for this. You can also, find that the Misses area is also a good place to find petite clothing. Please avoid the junior clothing section as most of these clothes are tight fitting and designed for teens.
So, on to some fashion advice that petite women should keep in mind when shopping for petite clothes:
- If you are looking for a shirt keep in mind that a v neck or cow neck type of shirt/sweater will give you more of a balanced neck line
- Avoid big patterned clothing as this will make you appear wider that what you are or want.
- Look for pieces that are more vertical vs. horizontal as this will distract the natural eye and give off a slimmer appearance, regardless of your weight.
- If you are looking for pants, it is a good idea to keep in mind small patterns such as pin stripes that are vertical.
- No cuffs on pants, and try to avoid shoes and pants that are the same solid colour.
Remember the ideal is to allow yourself to look taller, and since one cannot grow a few inches overnight or at all, you should try to elongate yourself by the way you dress.
Heels are a good idea as they will create height. You want to give off the appearance of being taller than you really are. Shoes such as platforms, flats, or tennis shoes will actually work against you and make you appear shorter than what you are. Clunky shoes with ankle straps will also make your legs appear shorter than what they are.
When choosing to accessorize it’s good to remember that thin, slender belts are your friend, and wider belts take off necessary inches for you to achieve looking taller. Bulky scarfs tend to have the same affect, choose a cow neck shirt or sweater that will elongate your neckline.
Hopefully, with these tips you will not end up on someone’s worst dressed list.