Valentine’s Day Fashion Ideas
Impress your sweetheart on the biggest date night of the year with some fashion must-haves and other holiday ideas for a romantic Valentine’s Day.
- Spice up a dinner party look with a style that’s feminine and flirty. Try the Suzi Chin Silk Chiffon Empire Waist dress at Macy’s for $158. In a shade of tomato red, this fitted-bodice dress with a flowering skirt creates a feeling of subtle and romantic sizzle.
- Think pink. Go glam for a night out on the town in a strapless, sweetheart neckline dress in lace. The “Rachael” Strapless Mini Dress in a light taupe rose from Bloomingdale’s is elegant with an edge ($149).
- Add a wave of colour with bold print. Mixes of ruby red, orange, coral and fuchsia make the cinched waist and boat-neck style of the Chelsea & Violet Chevron-Print Dress from Dillard’s look sexy and relaxed ($118).
- Get girly with floral. There’s no need to wait until spring or summer to indulge in this classic fem-favorite. Try the sweet and sassy red rose Petals at Your Pleat Dress from modcloth.com ($47.99).
- If you’re looking for the perfect outerwear to throw on over your evening wear, a warm wool trench coat in a fiery red will provide heat all winter long.
- To splurge, try the Mikhaila Jacket, reminiscent of 1970’s chic, by Diane von Furstenberg for $521.50, orderable online. To save, try a classic Anne Klein Epaulet Belted Wool Blend Walker coat for $99.99 at Macy’s.
- Tie your full look together with accessories like metallic pumps and a gold clutch. Opt for something like the Nine West Orra pointy-toe pump ($120), orderable at ninewest.com and the BCBGeneration pale gold wristlet ($38) with a chain, orderable from zappos.com.
- Finish the night in a lingerie set from Victoria’s Secrets Very Sexy collection. Try the Lace Applique Babydoll ensemble ($42) or the hot Red Bow Bustier ($78), both online and in stores.
- When it comes to cosmetics, incorporate a splash of red with your lipstick and nail polish. For a flattering red pout, try Laura Mercier Gel Lip Colour in Clementine ($22) and the Nail Lacquer in Sizzle ($18). Achieve a healthy flush look on your cheeks with Besame’s Crimson Rouge for $22 or go for glow from Koh Gen Do’s Lavender Pink Color Base ($50).
- Whether you prefer a private candle-lit dinner with your Valentine or a cocktail party with friends, if you’re tired of the traditional box of chocolates and roses every year, consider dropping hints for a new perfume or trendy piece of jewellery this year.
- The right fragrances are seductive and feminine. Consider options like the lush and floral Tresor Perfume by Lancome or try the romantic and exotic scent of Vera Wang Classic Perfume by Vera Wang, prices starting at $65 at Macy’s.
- The Heartfelt Jewellery collection by Red Envelope features unique and beautiful Valentine’s Day ideas. From the personalizable vintage love letter necklace ($89.95) to the multicoloured Murano Heart Necklace ($49.99), redenvelope.com has a wide range of Valentine’s Day inspired options for reasonable prices.
With a little planning and the right Valentine’s Day ideas, this year’s February 14th could be your best date night yet.